Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Mixed Berry Cheesecake Dip

I have a sweet tooth. I love all things sugar: pudding, cereal, candy, cookies, cupcakes muffins...you name it! And I absolutely ADORE cheesecake. Andy doesn't love that I'm a sugar junkie, but I'm perfectly fine with it :) Lol.

The other day, I was surfing my new favorite blog, pink-parsley.com, and I stumbled across a recipe that would not only satisfy my cheesecake craving, but also would use up some leftover ingredients in the fridge and pantry. Double score!



Mixed Berry Cheesecake Dip
Recipe loosely adapted from pinkparsley.com~
adapted from Ina Garten

-1 pound of room temperature cream cheese
-1/2 cup sugar
-1/4 cup sour cream
-1 tablespoon lemon zest
-1 teaspoon vanilla extract
-3 Tablespoons heavy cream
-2 cups mixed berries (diced strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, etc)

Place the cream cheese and sugar at medium-high speed in a stand mixer (with paddle attachment) or use a hand mixer to mix until light and fluffy for 5 minutes. Reduce the speed to medium and add the sour cream, lemon zest, vanilla, and heavy cream. Beat mixture until well combined. If the consistency is too thick, add a bit more heavy cream. Pour into a 9 inch pie plate. Use a spatula to spread and smooth over top of the dip.

Cover and place in fridge to chill for a few hours. Serve this with graham crackers or pretzels.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment